- Tours & Travel
- Online Products
- Body Logic
Jocelyn Anne Marie ChouinardPO Box 508, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada B0J 2C0 Phone: (902) 640-2473
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaBachelor of Arts – Theatre Major
West Coast College of Massage Therapy
Vancouver, British Columbia, CanadaRegistered Massage Therapist
- Jamila Salimpour, San Fransisco, California
- Badawia, Portland, Oregon
- Ahmad Jarjour, Montreal, Quebec
- Denise Enan, Egypt/Ottawa, Quebec
- Lala Hakim, Egypt/Montreal, Quebec
- Ibrahim Farrah, N.Y., N.Y.
- Ahmed Hussein, Egypt/N.Y., N.Y.
- Nadia Gamal, Beirut, Lebanon
- Mona al Said, Cairo, Egypt
- Momo Kadous, Egypt/Frankfort, Germany
- Turk Halkevaleri, Ankara, Turkey
- Raqia Hassan, Cairo, Egypt
- Ibrahim Akef, Cairo, Egypt
- Dr. Mo Gedawwi, Cairo, Egypt
- Aida Nour, Cairo, Egypt
- Farideh Fahmy, Cairo, Egypt
- Dina, Cairo, Egypt
- Randa Kamel, Cairo, Egypt
- Alvin Ailey School of Dance, N.Y, N.Y
- Baba Tunde Olatunju, N.Y., N.Y.
- Chuck Davis, N.Y., N.Y.
- Ocheami, Seattle, Washington
- Forjimi and Company, Lagos, Nigeria
- Jeane Bagne, Brussels, Belgium
- Ken N’Diye, Brussels, Belgium
- Fatala, Amsterdam, Holland
- Irene Tassembedo, Paris, France
- Laura Monteiro, Vancouver, B.C.
- Eckleson, Vancouver, B.C.
- Alicio Pittar, Vancouver, B.C.
- Maestre Kingi, Salvador, Brazil
- Sylvia Rita, Salvador, Brazil
- Neudinia, Salvador, Brazil
- Jose Denielsen, Salvador, Brazil
- Kenu Alvaroz, Salvador, Brazil
- Teo Morca, Bellingham, Washington
- Antonio, Jevez, Spain
- Maria Temo, Washington, D.C.
- Jose Molinas, N.Y., N.Y.
- Paco Ferandez, Madrid, Spain
- Carmen Mora, Madrid, Spain
- Ciro, Madrid, Spain
- Maria Magdelena, Madrid, Spain
- Merche Esmerelda, Madrid, Spain
- La Tati, Madrid, Spain
- Cintia Serva, Madrid, Spain
- El Guito, Madrid, Spain
- Manolete Amaya, Madrid, Spain
- Sabas, Monterey, Mexico
- Maria Bermudez, Jerez, Spain
- Manolo Marin, Sevilla, Spain
- Eva la Yerbabuena, Jerez, Spain
- Antonio Marques, Madrid, Spain
- Antonio Granjero, Sevilla, Spain
- Ana Maria Lopez, Jerez, Spain
- Carmen Romero, Toronto, Canada
Modern, Jazz, Classical
- Anna Wyman Dance Theatre, Vancouver, B.C.
- Paula Ross Company, Vancouver, B.C.
- Terpischore Studios, Vancouver, B.C.
- Backstage Dance, Vancouver, B.C.
- Harbour Dance Centre, Vancouver, B.C.
- Les Ballets du Montreal, Quebec
- Phil Black Studios, N.Y., N.Y.
- Alvin Ailey School of Dance, N.Y., N.Y.
- Luigi’s, N.Y., N.Y.
- Tamure Tahiti, Vancouver, B.C.
- 1999 – Best Instructional Video, Giza Awards, San Francisco, CA
- 2000 – International Academy of Middle Eastern Dance, Los Angeles, CA
- 2002 – Global Woman of Vision for Arts, Entertainment and Culture, Calgary, AB
- 2003 – ADOS Lifetime Achievement Award in Oriental Dance, Atlanta, GE
Beginner to professional levels of Middle Eastern, Flamenco, Jazz, African and fitness since 1976
Group and private instruction at the following institutions:
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Creative Dance Centre, Vancouver, B.C.
- Fourth Avenue School of Dance, Vancouver
- The Loft, Vancouver, B.C.
- Harbour Dance Center, Vancouver, B.C.
- Vancouver School Board, Vancouver, B.C.
- Vancouver Parks and Recreation Board, Vancouver, B.C.
- Arte Y Sante, Madrid, Spain
- Academia Amor de Dios, Madrid, Spain
- Alteas Studios, Brussels, Belgium
- Moving Studios, Brussels, Belgium
- Arabesque – Academie, Brussels, Belgium
- Dance Corps, Vancouver, B.C.
- Dance Works, Vancouver B.C.
- Anna Wyman Dance Center, Vancouver, B.C.
- Airborne Dance, Calgary, Alberta
- Fitness on Fifth, Calgary, Alberta
- Studio Flamenco, Calgary, Alberta
- A & A Dance Studio, Calgary, Alberta
- Olympia Dance Studios, Calgary, Alberta
- Studio Metronome, Montreal, Quebec
Workshops and Seminars in the following locations:
Canada and the US
Calgary, Edmonton, Medicine Hat, Canmore, Alberta; Cranbrook, Kaslo, Kelowna, Nelson, Parksville, Prince George, Terrace, Vernon, Victoria, Vancouver B.C.; Regina, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; Winnipeg, Manitoba; London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario; Montreal, Quebec City, Quebec; Halifax, Nova Scotia; St John, New Brunswick; Whitehorse, Yukon.
Los Angeles, San Francisco, California; Seattle, Washington; Portland, Eugene, Oregon; Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Alaska; Dallas, Houston, Texas; Kona, Hawaii; New Orleans, Louisiana; Salt Lake City, Utah; Cleveland, Ohio; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Chicago, Illinois; New Jersey, N.Y.; Las Vegas, Nevada; Richmond, Virginia Beach, Virginia; St. Louis, Missouri, St. Augustine, Miami, Gainesville, Florida; Huntsville, Alabama; Boise, Idaho; Danbury, Connecticut.
Brussels and Antwerp, Belgium; Paris, Rouen, Rennes, Nancy, Marseille, Lyon, France; Duidsberg, Frankfort, Koln, Germany; Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Holland; Luxembourg, Luxembourg; Rome, Trieste, Italy; Prague, Czech Republic; London, England; Madrid, Barcelona, Spain; Budapest, Hungary; Istanbul, Bodrum, Turkey; Hong Kong; Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Melbourne, Australia; Christchurch, Nelson, Auckland, Wellington, New Zealand; Mexico City, Acapulco, Tezpotlan, Mexico; Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Porto Alegre, Natal, Brazil, Santiago, Chile; Tokyo, Osaka, Japan; Seoul, Taejon, Pusan, Korea; Singapore; Bali
Hadia’s Level 1, 2 and 3 Certified Middle Eastern Dance Instructor Training Program – presented in Canada and internationally – 1999 to present.
- Art’s Umbrella, Vancouver B.C. ; Flamenco and African – 1983 (three months)
- Burnaby Ballet Company, Burnaby, B.C.; Flamenco – 1985 (six months)
- Surrey Society of the Performing Arts, Surrey, B.C ; Flamenco – 1994 (two months)
- Shadbolt Center , Burnaby B.C.; Flamenco – 1995 (four months)
- Mount Royal College, Calgary, Alberta ; Flamenco – 1998/9
- University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta ; Flamenco and Middle Eastern Dance- 1998/9
- Policeman and Fireman Games, Calgary, Alberta, 1998
- Lester B. Pearson High School, Calgary, Alberta;1999
- Canada Oeste Flamenco Festival, Calgary, Alberta; Flamenco – 2000/2001/2002
- Arabesque Academy, Toronto, Ontario; Egyptian Orientale Residency – 2002
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, Calgary, AB; Egyptian/Classical – 2003
Vancouver, B.C. (1980-86)
- Artistic director of Creative Dance Center
- Founder, artistic director and producer of Whirling Deeva Dance Company
- Co-founder and producer of Mozaico Flamenco Dance Company
- Producer of numerous Middle Eastern, Flamenco and Multicultural Performances :
- Art’s Club on Seymour Street, Art’s Club on Granville Island, North Vancouver Centennial Theater, Vancouver East Cultural Center, University of B.C. Theater
- Co-founder and Special Events Director of the Middle Eastern Dance Association of B.C.
- Producer of Middle Eastern Dance Workshops with the following guest artists :
- Badawia, Qasim, Ahmad Jarjour, Selma Ferchichi, Mayoudi and Leila – Al Noujoum
Calgary, Alberta (1996- 2004)
- Director and producer of Aiewa Arabic Dance Ensemble
- Director and producer of Alma Gitana Flamenco Company
- Producer of numerous Middle Eastern, Flamenco and Multicultural Performances:
- Andaluz I featuring Anthony Dsa, Gerardo Alcala and Paco de Leon (Flamenco and Middle Eastern Dance), Calgary Multicultural Center, February. 1997
- Teo Morca in Concert (Flamenco), Calgary Multicultural Center, September, 1997
- Dancing As Fast As You Can (Multicultural Benefit), University Theater, January, 1998
- Ana Montez in Concert (Flamenco), Calgary Multicultural Center, March, 1998
- Fire And Grace featuring Elias Vargus and Maria Temo (Flamenco) John Duthie Theater, June 1998
- Andaluz II featuring Oscar Nieto (Flamenco and Middle Eastern Dance), Calgary Multicutural Center, May 1999
- Yasmina Ramsay and Arabesque Dance Company with Dr. George Sawa Orchestra (Middle Eastern Dance and Music), Orpheus Theater, SAIT, October 1999
- Andaluz III featuring Juan Marias (Middle Eastern and Flamenco), Orpheus Theater, SAIT, March 2000
- Turkey to Tunisia featuring Tayyar Akdeniz (Middle Eastern Dance), Quincy’s Theater, August 2000
- A Night at the Oasis featuring Devorah Korek (Middle Eastern Dance), Orpheus Theater, SAIT, August 2001
- Andaluz IV and V Student Recitals, Orpheus Theatre, SAIT Campus Center, April 2002/3
- A Night on the Nile and Ahlan wa Sahlan, feature performances for the Festival of the Nile 2002/3,
- University Theater and Glenbow Museum Theater, August 2002/3/4
Producer of Flamenco and Middle Eastern Dance workshops as follows:
- Teo Morca; Ana Montez; Maria Temo; Oscar Nieto; Selma Ferchichi; Yasmina Ramsay, Amer Matri and George Sawa; Tayyar Akdeniz; Francesca Alcala; Devorah Korek; Jalilah Zamorah, Sahra Saeeda, Helene Eriksen, Mayodi, Dr. Michael Frishkopf; Lulu Sabongi
- Director and Choreographer, “Women of the Nile Exhibition” Glenbow Museum, 2001
- Director and Coordinator for “Turkey- Gateway to the East Tours, 2000/2001/2002/2003
- Director and Coordinator for “The Real Dancer’s Tour of Egypt” 2002
- Founder, Artistic Director, Choreographer and Producer of Aiwa Arabic Dance Ensemble
- Founder, Artistic Director, Choreographer and Producer of Alma Gitana Falmenco Dance Company
- Director, Coordinator and Instructor for Rocky Mountain Middle Eastern Dance and Dance Instructor Training Retreats 1999/2001/2002/2003/2004
- Director and Coordinator for “Festival of the Nile” – Western Canada’s First Festival of Middle Eastern Dance, Music and Culture, 2002, 2003 and 2004
- Montreal, Quebec (2004 – 2008)
Producer and director of various events, performances and workshops
- Soiree Orientale – featuring guest international guests dancers from Hadia’s Professional Oriental Dance Training – Sala Rosa Theatre, Montreal, Quebec, 2006/7/8
- Homage to Oum Kalthoum, Abdel Halim Hafiz and Farid al Atresh, Kola Note Theatre, Montreal, Quebec, December 2006,
- Lulu Sabongi workshop and performance, 2005
- Ultimate Technique and Professional Oriental Dance Training Programs, 2006-2008
- Amrita Choudry and Jalilah Zamora workshops, 2008
Creator and Coordinator of numerous Egyptian Oriental Dance Tours including
- Turkey “Gateway to the Orient” – 1999 to present
- Perfection in Paradise – Mexico – 2003 to present
- The Magic of Bali – 2006 to present
- South African Dance Safari – 2008
- Roles in numerous productions (1973-1976), Frederick Wood and Dorothy Somerset Theatres, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C.
- CKVU (Vancouver, B.C.) – numerous oriental and flamenco performances
- CBC (Vancouver, B.C.) – documentary and flamenco performance
- BCTV (Victoria, B.C.) – commercial, interview and oriental performance
- NBC (Vancouver, B.C.) – oriental performance for Beans Baxter Show
- Cable TV (Vancouver, B.C.) – numerous oriental and flamenco performances
- RTB (Brussels, Belgium) – singer, oriental performances
- TV1 (Brussels, Belgium) – oriental performance and instruction documentary
- TV3 (Christchurch, N.Z.) – oriental instruction documentary
- NUTV ; A Channel ; CTV ; Global TV (Calgary, A.B.) – numerous performances, flamenco, oriental, afro-Brazilian
- World Exposition ’86 (Vancouver, B.C.) – numerous oriental and flamenco performances at Canada Pavillion, British Columbia Pavillion and Plaza of Nations
- “Eatons Uncrates the Sun” flamenco performances for promotional campaigns in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam and Richmond, B.C.
- “Guerilla Dance”, flamenco performances for Dance in Canada, Vancouver, B.C.
- National Dance Conference, Frederick Wood Theatre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., flamenco performance for Dance in Canada
Numerous and repeat performances of oriental, flamenco, Polynesian and African dance at the following theatres:
- Art’s Club, Granville Island, Vancouver, B.C.
- Art’s Club Revue, Granville Island, Vancouver, B.C.
- Art’s Club, Seymour Street, Vancouver, B.C.
- North Vancouver Centennial Theatre, North Vancouver, B.C.
- Frederick Wood Theatre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C.
- Vancouver Fire Hall Theatre, Vancouver, B.C.
- Vancouver East Cultural Centre, Vancouver, B.C.
- Richmond Theatre, Richmond, B.C.
- Vancouver Playhouse Theatre, Vancouver, B.C.
- Orpheus Theatre, SAIT, Calgary, B.C.
- John Dutton Theatre, Calgary, AB
- University Theatre, Calgary, AB
- Jack Singer Concert Hall, Calgary, AB
Contractual engagements and guest performances across Canada and throughout the U.S., Spain, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, France, New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Turkey, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia and Egypt.
- Oriental and folkloric performances for Egyptian Artifacts and Crafts Exposition in France
- Latin and salsa singer for Salsa Brava – Vancouver, B.C.
- Middle Eastern Fusion and pop singer for Harem – Antwerp, Belgium
- Singer and songwriter for Perreux Productions Ltd. – Brussels, Belgium